WordPress 5.5 Beta 2 is now available!
You can test WordPress 5.5 beta 2 in two ways:
WordPress 5.5 is slated for release on August 11th, 2020, and we need your help to get there!
Thank you to all of the contributors that tested the beta 1 development release and provided feedback. Testing for bugs is an important part of polishing each release and a great way to contribute to WordPress. Here are some of the changes since beta 1 to pay close attention to while testing.
- 19 additional bugs have been fixed in the block editor (see #23903 and #23905).
- The Dashicons icon font has been updated (see #49913).
- Broken widgets stemming from changes in Beta 1 have been fixed (see #50609).
- Query handling when counting revisions has been improved (see #34560).
- An alternate, expanded view was added for wp_list_table (see #49715).
- Some adjustments were made to the handling of default terms for custom taxonomies (see #43517)
WordPress 5.5 has lots of refinements to polish the developer experience. To keep up, subscribe to the Make WordPress Core blog and pay special attention to the developers’ notes for updates on those and other changes that could affect your products.
How to Help
Do you speak a language other than English? Help us translate WordPress into more than 100 languages!
If you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. We’d love to hear from you!
%d bloggers like this: